The Stepan Gishyan charity foundation has summed up the results of grant competitions, announced at the beginning of the year. In 2018, the foundation has received 220 applications, by 80 applications more than in the same time span of 2017.
According to the decision of the foundation, assistance will be provided to five organizations that submitted their programs.
1. They are the programs submitted by
2. Resource Center for Women's Development NGO,
3. Sors Foundation for the Assistance of Children with Disabilities and Their Families,
4. Armenian-French Development Foundation,
5. Union of Information Technology Enterprises (UITE) and the Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory of Armenia’s National Academy of Sciences.
In the frameworks of the projects, a separate class will be created in Hrazdan School N11 with in-depth study of the French language for 1,200 pupils.
Another program will be implemented in the Shinuair community of the town of Goris. More precisely, the Resource Center for Women's Development will purchase sewing and wool spinning machines for this community, and new jobs will be created.
The Byurakan Observatory will develop the so-called scientific tourism. The press release says this year the foundation will also help children with disabilities and their parents. Also an engineering laboratory Armath will be established in the border village of Movses.
In 2015, ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK, French Credit Agricole, the National Federation of Credit Agricole and the family of Gishyan founded the Stepan Gishyan charitable foundation.
See the video here.